11 Jun 2023

Strawberry Faire – October House

This week’s stitching for ‘Cross Stitch Camp hasn’t gone without the dreaded visit from the frogs………..it must be all that water around camp that attracts them!

But on the up side, I do have a finish.

This is where I put it down, the last time you saw it.

And this is it finished, I just want to crochet some trim and then I can FFO it.

I think I mentioned last time that I love the pretty colour pallet, and the detail in that strawberry is just something else.
That’s the reason I’m looking forward to starting ‘Honey Faire’ as next months project.


I made a fair bit more progress on ‘5 O’clock from Ink Circles too, but can you spot my mistake?

I picked up the wrong dark green for the edge of the clock and now I can’t find the bobbin for it.  I don’t know what number it should be because I subbed it for an Anchor thread, but as it goes, I actually like the lighter shade better, so I’m thinking I might just frog the bits I’ve already stitched in the original thread, we’ll have to see.


I also made a start on my 12 in 23 Christmas Ornament for June but again I’ve stuffed up, because I decided to stitch my first Prairie Schooler Santa and now I’m thinking he might be a little too big to be classed as an ornament.

So this one is the ‘Santa Revisited’ from 2004.

There’s a lot of stitching in that red, so for now though I’m sticking with it, and later in the month if time permits, I’ll stitch another ornament.

I’m off to sit on the patio and enjoy this wonderful hot weather now, before the threatened thunderstorms arrive.

  

Happy Stitching

Sue

X

 

2 comments:

  1. Strawberry Faire is a beauty. Love the colors! You have made good progress on the Ink Circles piece. Super start on the PS Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Strawberry Faire...will have to check out Honey Faire. There is a lot more stitching to the PS Santas than you think!

    ReplyDelete