31 May 2023

The End is Nigh!

 It really is, but in a good way, but before we get to that I would like to wish everyone a bright and sunny June.


Over the last month I have made ‘Oh Holly Night, Nativity’ a bit of a focus piece, seeing as it’s my second oldest Wip.

During May I was able to work on it for 16 evenings and all I have left to stitch is a small piece of the border and the back stitching on the last section.  Oh and there are a few beads to stitch on too, but I can see the end coming into sight, hence 'The End is Nigh'

This is where I left it last time.

And this is where it is now.



I also started and FFo’d my 12 in 23 Christmas Ornament for May.

This is Windows of Joy, designed by Liz Gorski of Primrose Needleworks, that I came across in a 2007 copy of ‘The Gift of Stitching.

I substituted the called for threads for Leo & Roxy  Rudolph,  and Crescent Colours Antique Lace and Hazelnut, adding some beads to give it a little sparkle and stitched it on a scrap of 36ct Cookie Collection Linen from Nicholas Flamel Design (on Etsy)

And while I had my finishing materials out, I got stuck in and FFo’d my Ornament for March  too, which was 'Home for Christmas from Teresa Kogut.

I  had another new start in May too,  5 O’Clock from Ink Circles.

This is a bit of a secret stitch because it's going to be a gift for someone, so I can’t post about it anywhere else at the moment, but I pretty sure they don’t read my blog, so I think I’m safe here.

As soon as I saw this I know I had to stitch it because my friends make the most wonderful cocktails, especially my favourite, an Expresso Martini.

 I’ve been stitching on this in the mornings, before breakfast.

The fabric doesn't have a name, but it's 36ct Evenweave from Coffee Craft Fabrics and I'm using a combination of called for DMC's and substituted Anchor threads.


All in all, May was a good stitching month, with four new starts, four finishes and a couple of FFO's............and now I'm all ready for  June and Cross Stitch Camp!


Happy Stitching!

Sue 

x

2 comments:

  1. Sue, Your Nativity piece is fabulous but I'm sure you are anxious to get it finished---you are so close! The ornaments are adorable and the 'cocktail' piece is so fun! You have definitely been busy!!! Hope you're close to 100% with your hip recovery. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started the Nativity in December 2021, so it definitely need to be finished, that's for sure!! My recovery is going well thanks. I'm walking a lot better but still with a stick when I go out. It's more a confidence thing, because I getting around in doors and in the garden without it . I see my surgeon on Wednesday and I'm hoping he says I'm ok to drive and drops some of the precautions I've had to follow. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete