5 Mar 2023

Excited…………Twice Over

This week’s stitching has all been on my Heritage Book and I’m excited because I can see the construction coming into view.

I’ve managed to get six of the ten page backs completed.

My original plan was just to have the name of the chart on there but it looked a little empty, so I went back to Brenda Keys Ultimate Sampler Motifs Book,

and added a different little bird to each one

The other reason I’m excited is that I’ve finally taken the plunge and decided to get myself a new floor stand.

I’ve tried stitching ‘in-hand’ many times but it’s not for me, I just get cramps in my hands and at 67, I’m of the opinion that you can’t teach an old dog new tricks! 

I’m not a great lover of Q-Snaps either because they do the same, although I do still used them on the odd occasion.

 

I much prefer a hoop and just love my Morgan hoops, which I used in my Velke Potoky lap stand.

But for bigger projects, it’s definitely easier to have them on a scroll frame.

I’ve had several different floor stands over the years, but have never really been totally happy with  any of them, for one reason or another.

I currently have one that is similar to the Needleneeds stand, where your frame just lays on the side bars against two pegs at the bottom.  The problem with that is that my Omanik scroll frame is very heavy and it keeps falling off, so I’ve been looking around for a floor stand where the frame can be attached and can be flipped over to the back, when needed.

I eventually decided to treat myself to the Hearthside Craftworks Mark 11 from Evertote in Canada. 


It’s a bit of an extravagance, especially with the cost of shipping to the UK, but why not.

Too late to change my mind now………….I’ve hit the Check Out button already, Lol!

  

Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

 

Charts –– Loose Feathers Series

Chart – Forget Me Not

Designers – Blackbird Designs

Back Page Designs by Susan Hyde

Fabric – 36ct Fibre on a Whim – Wheat

Threads – Weeks Dye Works

 

4 comments:

  1. The back pages look great, Sue. Your stand looks amazing and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it once it arrives and you have used it for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Robin. I've had a few different stands over the years but up to now have never been totally happy with them for one reason or another. I'm hopping the because tis one flip over to the back quite easily, it will be better, I'll let you know. Sue xx

      Delete
  2. Your Heritage book is coming along nicely....enjoy that stand...if it helps keep you stitching, I say you did the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stasi xx I'm looking on the stand as being a beautiful piece of furniture,,,,well, that's what I'm telling myself anyway, Lol. I think it will be a great help when I come to bead my Chatelaine. Thanks for stopping by. Sue xx

      Delete