26 Feb 2023

February Round -Up

 Just in case you were thinking that’s I’ve been slacking in my stitching this month, I really haven’t, honest!

At the start of the month, I finished the two ornaments for Winter

Cross Stitch Camp, which you have already seen and I then went on to work on ‘Oh Holy Night, Nativity’ for a few evenings.

Here’s where it was when I last put it down.

I didn’t make that much progress, but you can at least see the start of the shepherds appearing.


After that, I decided to make my Heritage Book my focus.

I started stitching the ‘Loose Feathers ‘ series back in 2021 as part of Summer cross Stitch Camp and really, really want to get it finished.

There are nine panels in the series but I really needed ten, so I was looking for a suitable chart to commemorate my older sister.  Kathleen had a hole in her heart when she was born and only lived for 8 hours, so when I came across ‘Forget Me Not’ in the ‘A Heart Remembers’ book, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for.

I changed all the colours, to match the rest of the panels and added the little bird and Kathleen's initials.

I also worked on designing and stitching the front cover

The back cover

The inside front cover

I’m also going to stitch the names of the charts on the backs of the pages and so far have finished the first one.

My plans are to keep going with this until it’s finished.

So that’s nine more page backs and the inside back cover to stitch.  I can begin to put the pages together as I go and then, when they are all done I will know how wide the spine needs to be and go ahead and stitch that  and finally FFO the Heritage Book.

Update – I just remembered I did some more stitching too….

My Christmas ornament for 12 in 23 and stitched a bit on Celtic Autumn and Palace of the winds.

Happy Stitching!

Sue

X


Charts –– Loose Feathers Series

Chart – Forget Me Not

Designers – Blackbird Designs

Fabric – 36ct Fibre on a Whim – Wheat

Threads – Weeks Dye Works

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful ornament finishes, Sue! It looks like you are making good progress on your book project. What a beautiful page you stitched for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin, it wasn't easy finding the right chart for Kathleen, but I knew with a change of colours, that one would fit in. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Stitching!
      Sue
      x

      Delete
  2. Sue, you have been a busy bee!!! The Nativity is gorgeous and your Heritage book sounds like a wonderful tribute to your family. So sorry about your sister, but what a lovely way to remember her! Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stasi. The strange thing about my sister was that it wasn't until my mum passed in 1989, I found out that my two brothers didn't know about her. They were only one and two and a half at the time. Being the only girl, mum did speak to me about her. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Stitching! Sue xx

      Delete
  3. I'd say you had a most successful stitchy February, Sue! That Nativity is a real beauty and your heritage book is truly special. Hope you have a lovely March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Carol. My dad stated looking at out family tree many years ago but when he lost his eyesight, I couldn't carry on with it. I did a little bit more to it after dad passed away and because at the time I was more into papercrafts, I started a Heritage Scrapbook, Family Footprints in the Sands of Time. (there a link to that blog on the right) I really should get back to it because it is mostly my mums side of the family at the moment.
    Happy Stitching!
    Sue
    xx.

    ReplyDelete