25 Sept 2021

Butterfly Lace Mandala Chatelaine

 It’s been a long time coming but I finally got to make a start on the Butterfly Lace Mandala Chatelaine that I ordered back in April. 

The silks and crystals arrived from America in July and since then I’ve been sitting on my hands waiting for September to arrive, so I could have a birthday start.

Since then I have stitched on her 7 days and I have to say, it was well worth the wait.  The colours are simply stunning and the silks are like butter to stitch with, they just slide through the fabric. It’s no wonder many stitchers' opt to stitch with silks over other types for thread, despite the big difference in the cost.

Even the specialty stitches like the Dense Rhoades and Jessica stitches that I had been worrying about turned out to be quite straight forward once I had stitched them a couple of times.


While I know that this is not going to be finished overnight, I’m eager to work on it but I also have several other projects that I equally want to work on and new ones I want to start.  So for the first time I’m going to give a rotation a go. I’m not sure how that’s going to work out for me because I usually like to work on one thing and get it finished  but I’ll give it a go.

 So my plan………….

Stitch on my Chatelaine at the weekend and then do one or two days on each of my other projects in the week.

I’ll report back next weekend and let you know how it goes and if I can put a project down after just two days of stitching…..wish me luck!!

Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

Butterfly Lace Mandala – Chatelaine

Designer – Martina Rosenberg

Fabric –  28ct Jobelan Evenweave -  Antique White

Floss

Silks -  Gloriana, Caron Waterliles,  Dinky Dyes

Other Threads - DMC, Edmar Rayon Thread, 

Rainbow Gallery Petite Treasure Braid

Stitched -  1 over 2  &  1 over 1

Beads - Swarovski Crystals, Delica Beads  

Start – 9th September  2021

Finish- 

FFO -

No comments:

Post a Comment