3 Oct 2021

September Round-up

 I have had two small finishes in September, a birthday start, a knitting start and I’ve worked on two other Wips, so it's been yet another crafty month for me.

The two finishes were both Blackbird Designs, from the Loose Feathers series, For the Birds.

As you may recall, I’m stitching all nine in the series and plan to make them into a Heritage Book, with each one having the initials of three generations of my family.

First up is number four in the series, ‘All the Hills Echoed’

On the chart it says the name of the pattern is taken from ‘Nurse’s Song’ by William Blake. 

The poem describes a woman watching her young charges from a window.  Night is approaching and she wants them to come inside.  There is a small sliver of daylight left, and the children want to stay outside a little longer.  The early evening echoes with their laughter.
I’ve stitched the initials of my paternal Grandfather William  Hyde on this one,  and it’s my first ‘Blackbird’ house………I love having firsts’ after 59 years of stitching!.

The second finish was  ‘She Sights a Bird’, number three in the series, in honour of my paternal Grandmother, Sarah Scanlan.
The title of this one was inspired by Emily Dickenson’ poem, ‘She sights a Bird – she chuckles.’

 I've just realised that I've forgotten to stitch the cats whiskers!

All nine panels are being stitched on 36ct Wheat Linen from Fibre on a Whim , with the called for Weeks Dye Works threads.

 

My birthday start, as seen in my previous post was Butterfly Lace Mandala from Chatelaine.   I’ve stitched on her for nine days so far and am ready to start on the beautiful Hibiscus flowers that surround the centre square.

 

Two Wip’s have had my attention too during September.

First was my Temperature Tree from Stitching Momma on Etsy, on which I caught  up with the leaves  and stitched the final two boughs of the tree.


And then I stitched 8 days on ‘Three Butterflies from Rosewood Manor, as part of Sampler September.

I was hoping to this finished during the month but I didn’t quite make it.

 

My final crafty project this month involved something I’ve wanted to have a go at for some time and a second birthday present to myself, the first being the kit for my Chatelaine.

I purchased a beautiful set of Pro Knit Interchangeable Circular knitting needles and some wool to knit my first pair of socks.

Sadly, I’ve no progress to show you as the small start I made, was pulled back because my cast on was too loose and saggy, but watch this space because I will be casting on again very soon!

Well, that’s about it for September.

October plans include finishing Three Butterflies, working on my Chatelaine on the weekends, starting on the next Loose Feathers panel, a new start on a Christmas project and of course re-starting the socks, so lots to keep my busy!

Do let me know what your plans are for October.

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

No comments:

Post a Comment