4 Sept 2021

A Token for my Friends……and Me!

 August has been a bit full on stitching wise due to Cross Stitch Camp and a very personal project that I was working on.

I had a deadline of finishing 6 small pillows before the 11th September, when I am having a small get-together with some special friends and their partners to celebrate my 65th birthday.

I got to know the girls through my cousin. She's known them for 58 years, since starting school at the age of 5 and I think I first meet them around 1969/70, so around 51 years ago.    I wonder how many people have friends they have known that long and still see on a regular basis.

With my 'big' birthday coming up, I wanted to mark our very special friendship and I knew exactly how I would do that when I saw this collaboration of charts from Heartstring Samplery and Plum Street Samplers.

So my plan…..

4  ‘A Token for my Friend’ pillows with their initials on and 1 for me with my initial and all of theirs. 

Then the Plum Street Samplers design, ‘From my Heart to you Hand’, also for me.

So, that’s a total of 6 panels to be made into little pillows.

The good news is that I managed to finish all the stitching before the end of the month and fully finished them all last week using some Red crushed velvet fabric for the backs and Lady Dots Creates, ‘Vintage’ pompom trim for the edging.


Then I finished the backs by adding an Antique Bronze coloured ‘Hare’ pin and various beads and charms.

I hope they will like them when I give them to them next weekend.

 Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

 

A Token For My Friend – Heartstring Samplery  x 5 pillows

Designer – Beth Twist

Fabric – 36ch Confederate Grey (Called For)

Floss – Weeks Dye Works overdyed cotton (Called For)

Stitched 1 over 2

Start – 24th June 2021

Finish- 17th August 2021

FFO – 31st August 2021

 

 

From my  Heart to your Hand – Plum Street Samplers  x 1 pillow

Designer – Paulette Stewart

Fabric – 36ch Confederate Grey (Called For)

Floss – Weeks Dye Works overdyed cotton (Called For)

Stitched 1 over 2

Start – 17th August 2021

Finish- 26th August 2021

FFO – 31st August 2021

1 comment:

  1. Belated best wishes, Sue!
    And what lovely gifts you made! have friends myself, whom I have known for the last 55 years or so and it’ just great to have them!

    ReplyDelete