16 Aug 2021

Finishing School

 Like many stitchers, I have a drawer full of finished cross stitched projects that are just waiting to be FFO’d, but I never really know to do with them.

Fortunately it was YouTube to the rescue!

The fabulous Vonna  Pfeiffer, also  known as ‘The Twisted Stitcher’  has made a series of finishing tutorials that are completely free to use. She shows you how to do everything from simple framing, to more ambitious finishes, like drums.

I actually used her tutorial to do my first two hoop finishes.

I gathered together:-

2 x 12” hoops

Red Acrylic Paint

2 x White Mount Board

2 x Batting

2 x Backing Fabric

Tacky Glue

Upholstery Thread

Gold Ric-Rak

Red Satin Ribbon

2 x Buttons (covered with backing fabric)

6 x Bells ( they give away the fact I have eaten way too many Lindt Easter Bunnies and Reindeer in the past)

There’s a couple of things I would do differently the next time I do a hoop finish but over all I’m happy with them and I know that my Goddaughter’s two little girls will be thrilled with them come Christmas time.


Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

Sleigh Bells Ring  – Cross Stitcher Magazine –  Oct 2019

Designer – Maria Diaz

Fabric – 14ct White Zweigart Aida (Called For)

Floss – Anchor Standard Threads (Conversion)

Stitched 2 over 1

Start – 17th February 2021

Finish-  4th March 2021

FFO – 16th August 2021


He’s Making A List – Cross Stitcher Magazine – Dec 2019

Designer – Maria Diaz

Fabric – 14ct White Zweigarte Aida (Called For)

Floss – Anchor Standard Threads (Conversion)

Stitched 2 over 1

Start –  10th July 2021

Finish- 28th July 2021

FFO - 16th August 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment