16 Aug 2021

Seasons of the Heart – Spring

Just 7 days into August and my last monthly challenge for Cross Stitch Camp was finished.

I challenged myself to stitch on 40ct Evenweave for the first time and although it was a bit of a struggle to start with, I soon became comfortable with it.   I think it was mainly due to the fact that I  had been stitching on 14ct Aida prior to that and even with my light and magnifier, I really had to concentrate on what I was doing.

The Blue Flower chart was such a joy to stitch and I will definitely be stitching the other three seasons at some point, but for now I have to FFO this one into a little pillow.




As I mentioned last time, I’m sad that Camp has officially come to an end but Sheri, Colorado Cross Stitcher, has set us another challenge to see us through until next summer and that is to work on a ‘Show Stopper’.

My Butterfly Lace Mandala Chatelaine fits the bill perfectly and that will be a birthday start on the 9th September, but I’m not expecting it to be finished (or anywhere near) before summer camp starts again next year.


From the 7th until today I have been continuing to stitch the ‘A Token For My Friend’ panels and have almost finished 4 out of the 6 I need to stitch before the 11th of next month.

So until next time……

Happy Crafting!

Sue xx


Seasons of the Heart - Spring - The Blue Flower

Designer – Jeannine McGowan

Fabric –  40ct  Verdal Evenweave (Zweigart) tea/coffee dyed by myself.

Floss – Weeks Dye Works overdyed cotton (Called For)

Stitched 1 over 2

Start – 1st August 2021

Finish- 7th August 2021

FFO -

A Token For My Friend  #3  – Heartstring Samplery

Designer – Beth Twist

Fabric – 36ch Confederate Gray (Called For)

Floss – Weeks Dye Works overdyed cotton(Called For)

Stitched 1 over 2

Start –3rd August 2021

Finish-11th August 2021

FFO -

No comments:

Post a Comment