30 Apr 2021

Stitch Mania plans

 Well as you’ll have gathered, I’m planning to take part in ‘Stitch Maynia’ this year, which kicks off tomorrow, on the 1st of May.    I’d never heard of it before  and it has intrigued me !!

It would seem that back in 2015 some bright spark came up with the crazy idea of starting a  number of new Wip’s to represent the year, so a total of 15 projects. 

Year by year the numbers get bigger, so this being 2021, it’s a whopping 21 new projects and some stitchers take it to the max and will be doing a new start each day of May, so a massive 31.

Now, I’m basically a monogamous stitches, working on one or two projects at a time until they are finished, so there’s no way I’m going to be starting 21, let alone 31, but I would still like to join in and have come up with my own kind of ‘Maynia’.

I have a few charts all kitted up, ready and waiting, so this could be the perfect time to start them, so my plan is to have a new start on every Saturday in the month and stitch on it for 7 days, until the next start. 

Even the thought of five on the go at the same time is giving me the jitters, but when you see fellow stitchers'  ‘going big’, I really should be able to do this……I really should….right? .  

But I have one exception to this plan and it’s the stitch I’m working on now …...... Cottage Garden Samplings, The Song Bird’s Garden Series, ‘Gratitude’.  

I’m so very close to having a finish  and just can’t bring myself to put it away and not pick it up again for a month, so it’s going to be in my rotation as one of my ‘starts’.  Two days at the most would finish it and then I’ll go into the ‘real’ new start, which will be a small. 

 So the projects I have lined up, in no particular order are,….....….

The Snowflower Diaries – Joyful World SAL – June 

Rosewood Manor - Three Butterflies  
Little House Needleworks – Little Sheep Virtue – Love (after completing ‘Gratitude’)
Homespun Elegance – The Stitcher 
Rosewood Manor – Dreaming of Daisies


So it’s needles at the ready tomorrow for Stitch Maynia!!

 

Until next time, have a Happy Crafting!

(Whatever you passion may be)

Sue

X

 

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment