30 Apr 2021

Impatient of Loughton……waiting for my Chatelaine

 I’m so itching to get started on Butterfly Lace, the Chatelaine that I’m going to stitch …..Chumping at the bit you might say, but I’m frustrated because I’m still waiting for the special threads and crystals to arrive from the European Cross Stitch Company in the US.   I knew the kit was going to take a while to come, but it  isn’t made any easier because I joined the Chatelaine Support Group and everyone is showing their new starts and beautiful finishes……..oh well, one day that will be me…sigh!

While waiting though I’ve kept myself busy.

 Back at the start of February, I shared my first finished panel from Prairie Schooler’s Woodland Samplings and I’ve now managed to finish stitching the other five.

I spent yesterday doing the finishing but don’t want to show them yet, as I’m waiting for some charms to arrive so I can fully complete them, but when they do I’ll have four little pillows and two flat folds to share with you.  

 

Also, I’ve completed my third stitch for The Snowflower Diaries, Joyful World SAL.

As I’ve mentioned previously, my plan was to split the 12 panels into the four seasons, stitching in threes on four different colour fabrics. And mounting three panels in a frame together, if that all makes sense.

I’ve since seen the finishes of others and now I’m thinking I want to do mine all on the same colour fabric, but not the colour I’ve stitched the first three on.   

So the decision is made and I’ll be stitching the rest on the same fabric and at the end, re-stitch March, April and May………I do like to make work for myself!! 

I also made a good bit of progress on The Song Bird’s Garden, ‘Gratitude’, in fact I’m very nearly finished, with only two small roses and a few leaves still to do and it's  just as well because I’m considering doing ‘Stitch Maynia’ for the first time this year.

Until next time, have a Happy time Crafting!

(Whatever you passion may be)

Sue

X

 

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment