17 Jan 2021

A New Year and a New Start…….. All be it a little late!

 Here we are, half way through January and here I am wishing everyone a Happy New Year, and yes, like many of you I was pleased to see the back of 2020 for more reasons than one.

Firstly the pandemic which is affecting everyone –

I’m fortunate that up to now no one that I know and love has been taken by it, but a few did actually catch the virus which was worrying.  At least we have the vaccine now, so my fingers are well and truly crossed that we can soon get back to some sort or normality pretty soon.



The next reason 2020 was a crap year for me was the loss of my sweet companion BoJangles back in November –

It’s so sad and strange not to have his little paws on my lap when I crafting.  I miss him so much.




And lastly, it was the problem with my eyes that made 2020 a bit challenging.

I won’t go over it all again, as I’ve mentioned it on here before but I’ve had various problems since my detached retina but in 2010, culminating in a cataract operation that didn’t go to plan and left me with bad double vision, but the good news is that back in September I had laser treatment on it and it’s virtually back to normal now and I can finally get back to my first love……cross stitch!


So, onto the ‘crafty’ stuff!!

Up until now, because I was unable to stitch, I’ve been filling my time with knitting and crochet.  So when a friend of my was clearing out her loft and came across a Tiny Tears doll that her Grandmother brought for her when she was a child(She’s 60 now!) and told me she would never get rid of her but her clothes were looking tied after all those years, I decided to made some for her as part of her Christmas present.

As you will see from the photos, I had a small problem because they made two different sized Tiny Tears and not knowing what size hers was I had to guess……and got it wrong, Lol.  Mind you, she was still pleased with them.

So are you ready for the Tiny Tears Fashion Show?

The next thing I worked on was a disaster too.

Back in 2019 I decided to knit myself this jacket in a Deep Plum yarn. 

I finished it but felt that because it was knitted on 10mm needles, the stitched were very loose and it didn’t hang right.  So it sat in a bag in the bottom of the cupboard until December last year, when I decided to unpick it and knit it again, this time on smaller needles. 

Now fully finished for a second time, I’m still not happy with it.

I don’t know what it is, may be the fact it has no neck shaping, I just don’t know, but what I do know is that it’s going to be unpicked again and next time I’m going to knit a jumper instead.

 

My last project was crocheted.

I’ve been using up some of the many odd balls of wool to crochet lap blankets that will go to one of the many projects on the Helping Hands Facebook Group.

The one I’ve finished was using the mile a minute pattern, where you crochet strips and join them together.

And the second one, which I am still working on will be made with granny squares.

 Well that’s it from me for now.  Join me next time to find out what my new discovery has been during lockdown.

 

Please stay safe in these uncertain times and

Happy Crafting!

(Whatever you passion may be)

Sue

X

 

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment