31 Jan 2021

Lockdown Discovery…………

 that’s proved to be expensive!

 At the end of last month I left you with a little teaser as to what I had just discovered, and I will get to that shortly.

I had just one finish this month, as I’ve been busy trying to get my craft room into some sort of order.  I really want to decorate in there but can’t decide what I want to do, so it’s become a bit of a dumping ground if I’m honest.  But in an effort to use up my excess of odd balls of wool I’ve been crocheting lap throws and have just finished the second one.

The two finished throws will be heading to one of the many good causes on Helping Hands.

Now to my discovery.

Everyone had heard of You Tube right? 

Well, I’ve just discovered that there is also Floss Tube,  a  whole community of crafty people showing off their cross stitch WIPs, finishes, thread storage, tutorials, plus lots of other crafts too…….oh my, I’m so happy!!

The trouble is, it should come with a danger warning because every time I watch a video, I end up with the list of new charts I want to stitch, gadgets I can’t do with out and things I want to try. Lol.

One of the first things I noticed was that many stitchers were using lovely clear fronted projects bags to store their work and of course I needed one, so I ordered this one from ‘Ness Loves Needles’ on Etsy.

 Now this is beautifully made, but at £23 a time, owning a few would set me back quite a pretty penny. But after doing some research on Floss Tube I found a number of tutorials and am going to try making some myself……. which leads me my nicely to my next couple of purchases, 20” fabric squares and zips.
Nothing too expensive just in case I mess it up, so …………….Watch this space!

Another thing I noticed was that everyone was using a magnetic needle minder on each project, so again I looked on Etsy and came across Denkai Designs.   A few days later these arrived.


I splashed out on charts too, this time from Peakside Needlework's web site

I’ve been eyeing up “Little Sheep Virtues” from Little House Needlework’s  for some time and finally took the plunge and ordered all 12 charts and the cute buttons that go with them.   

I’m just waiting for the fabric to arrive and I’ll be making a start.

So that’s about it for now, so until next time, Stay Safe.

 

Happy Crafting!

(Whatever you passion may be)

Sue

X

 

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment