2 Nov 2020

No Excuses!

Having had so much time on my hands over the last few months, I’ve absolutely no excuse for not updating my blog.

Unfortunately I’ve been unable to do any cross stitch. (my first love). 

Because of complications during an operation to remove a cataract back in 2018, I was left with double vision in my Left eye and awful glaring from any bright lights.

I did try to work on ‘A Heart Full Of Gratitude’ from The Songbirds Garden series, which I started back in May, but it's worked on 36 count linen and I have to work with a magnifier and lamp.

You can guess where this is going!

The glare from the lamp and the tiny stitches were proving to much of a strain on my eye, so I finally had to give in and put it away, but the good news is that last week I finally got to see a consultant and they are going to do laser treatment, which hopefully will improve things.  Fingers crossed I don’t have to wait too long for the appointment, although, with another lockdown starting next week, who knows.

Anyway, on the upside, I’ve still been able to knit and crochet and have been continuing to keep busy.



Firstly I wanted to use up the oddments of wool left over from making the rainbows at the start of the first lockdown back in March………I hate waste!


I made a bunting to hang in my window, consisting of crochet, padded hearts and pompoms. 

Then it was back to knitted and crocheted items for the NICU at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow and I was able to send them a largish parcel of clothes, a bunny, 3 blankets, and some Octopi (or Octopuses if you prefer) back in August.



I’ve still more to catch up with, so don’t forget to pop back.

 

Please stay safe in these uncertain times and

Happy Crafting!

(Whatever you passion may be)

Sue

X

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment