18 Jun 2020

We’ll Meet Again, Don’t Know Where, Don’t Know When


Good morning everyone.  I hope that everyone is still staying safe in these strange and uncertain times.

I can’t post today without first mentioning the very sad news this morning that Dame Vera Lynn has passed away at the grand old age of 103. 
She holds a special place in so many hearts in our country and I think that PM Boris Johnson summed up perfectly how many people feel about this wonderful lady.

"Dame Vera Lynn's charm and magical voice entranced and uplifted our country in some of our darkest hours.  Her voice will live on to lift the hearts of generations to come"

Condolences to her family and friends.


Rest In Peace Dame Vera Lynn


Now to ‘crafty’ things.

I have been self-isolating for 93 days now, due to health issues and have only left the house for food shopping on 5 or 6 occasions but although I’m used to being on my own with just BoJangles for company I am missing seeing my brother and friends. 
My Knitting and Crochet have kept me sane, as has my cross stitch and my first little project not Covid related was a request from a friend.  It was nothing very testing, just a tiny plain baby cardigan
With the cardigan finished I made a start on my latest cross stitch project.
With nine panels still to stitch in the ‘Song Bird’s Garden’ series, it was difficult to choose which one to do next but I finally settled on ‘Gratitude’.
 It just seemed very appropriate, seeing as I’m extremely grateful that none of my family or friend have succumbed to Covid 19.
As with the previous three I’ve finished, this is done on 36 count linen, so the stitches are really tiny.  For that reason I decided to treat myself to a new 5x magnifying lamp to make it a little easier on the eyes.
Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue
X

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment