18 Jun 2020

Crochet Till The Cows Come Home


 Like many little girls, it was my mum that showed me how to knit when I was a child but crocheting was something that she never managed to master.  I actually taught myself with the help of a library book when I was around 6 years old.  

Back then I was making clothes and blankets for my dolls, later progressing to Granny Squares and my first full sized blanket at around the age of 7 or 8.  That one has long gone but I still have the second one I made a year of two later, the pattern coming for a monthly part work.
I find it hard to believe this is more than 50 years old!

I’ve always preferred crochet to knitting, probably because it grows much quicker, and many items from cotton doilies to jumpers have passed off my hook over the last 50 odd years.

So back to today and my latest commission.

While browsing on Ravelry.com (somewhere I love to frequent far too often)  I came across a wonderful patterns for a baby blanket/cuddly toy but at the time I had no one to make it for, so forgot all about it.

Then out of the blue I had a call from a friend asking if I wanted a ‘little’ job.

Her friends Goddaughter was expecting twin boys in August.  She had seen the same pattern as I had and wanted two of them as special gifts for the boys, but she doesn't crochet and was looking for someone to make them for her.  I can't tell you how happy I was to have the change to make them.

I purchased the pattern, you can find it  Here  in the Crochet Arcade's
Ravelry Store and there were four options to choose from, a Pig, Sheep, Cow
or an Elephant.

The decision was made to make two the same and the Cow fitted the bill perfectly…..one pattern, two different contrast colours! 






Then, just to use up the left over wool, I made a couple of Octopuses.

i

Fortunately I started making these straight away because the two boys decided to make an early appearance and are here already.


Happy Crafting!

(Whatever you passion may be)

Sue

X

 

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment