15 Apr 2020

Covid 19 Hearts Appeal - The Desperate Situation Continues

When I last posted around this time last month,  I really wasn’t prepared for just how serious this pandemic would turn out and continue to be.

Fortunately no one close to me has succumbed to the virus,  for which I am extremely thankful, but I am fully aware that behind the frightening  numbers that are reported from around the world every evening, there are families grieving for their loved ones.


I myself have been in isolation for almost 4 weeks now and as difficult as it has been I keep myself sane with my crafting.

I’m still plodding along with the construction of my Virgin Queen’s Stitching Wallet, but when the call went out for the Covid 19 Hearts Appeal, I decided to put it on the back burner for a while and get my crochet hooks out.

The aim of the appeal is to make pairs of matching hearts that can be given, one each to Covid patients and their family, to remind them they are loved at a time when they can’t be together.

Here are my first 5 pairs of hearts.
The hearts don't have to be crocheted, I've seen, knitted, fabric and even felted hearts, so anything goes as long as they fit into a greetings card envelope.   
It's a great way to use up all your odd balls of wool as well as being quick to make, so over the following couple of evenings (while watching tv) I made another 9 pairs.
I had lots of fat quarters in my stash too, so got my sewing machine out and made 11 pairs of fabric hearts 


bringing my grand total so for to 50 hearts that all being well be heading to Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, Essex.


Please all stay safe and well
&
Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue
X



No comments:

Post a Comment