15 Apr 2020

Covid 19 – Rainbows Around The World


As the deadly Covid virus has been creeping around the world and leaving its deadly legacy, another phenomenon has been sweeping its way too…..Rainbows!

All around the world Rainbows are appearing in windows, to bring a bit a cheer and boy do we need it right now!

Here in the UK we are showing support for our NHS and the selfless work they are doing, by filling our windows with every kind of Rainbow you can think of.  Children are making beautiful posters and mosaic, chalking on walls and pavements and even colouring individual bricks on garden walls! I've also seen crocheted and knitted Rainbows hanging in windows.


came across the wonderful  ‘Rainbow of Unity’ pattern that was being offered free on Kerry Jayne Designs and I’ve made five already.
One is heading to my Goddaughter for her two girls.  In fact it was here that pointed me in the direction of pattern in the first place.

The others four are for myself  and three neighbours.
 They will be hanging in our windows in pride of place when we ‘Clap
for the Carer’s' every Thursday evening, an event that I find more emotional with each passing week.



Please all stay safe and well
&
Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue
X

  

2 comments:

  1. As a keyworker at a hospital I thank you for all your support. The police and fire service have been coming to the hospital every Thursday for the last three weeks and it really is the most emotional site. I think there will be positives to come out of all this but the devastation it will leave in its wake is unimaginable.

    Stay safe and display your rainbows with pride.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Mitzi and firstly can I say thank you to you for all you are doing at this difficult time.

    I'm not able to do much to help the situation, as are most of us, but at least I can feel that I'm doing something positive by making my hearts and rainbows……….I'm even branching out and having a go at toiletry bags.
    Thanks again for stopping by and stay safe.
    Sue
    xxx

    ReplyDelete