10 Feb 2020

Virgin Queen’s Stitching Wallet – 9 – Thread Winders and Scissor Fob

I hope it's not too late to wish everyone a Happy New Year!!

Well, I've finally picked up me needle again after a bit of a break, so this is my first post since before Christmas……..where has the time gone?

After stitching for a further eleven hours 38 minutes, I’ve now completed all the embroidery for the Etui.

All that remained were the two sides of the Needle Fob and two Thread Winders, which incidentally I managed to stitch on wrong side of the linen.  
Fortunately it wasn’t too big deal, but it was a bit stupid of me, Lol.






So after a total 65 hours 28 mins of stitching time, I’ve reached the point I have been dreading since starting this project back in October last year……….the construction of the Etui!
I’m TERRIFIED to cut into the fabric for fear of cutting too close to my stitching and ruining the whole thing.

I’m TERRIFIED fusible interfacings will crease, leaving a lumpy mess.

I’m TERRIFIED the stitching on my linings will look messy.


I’m just plain TERRIFIED!!

At this stage it could so easily end up in a cupboard somewhere and end up being a great unfinished work in progress that never sees the light of day again, so I have to be brave, take a deep breath, take my time and dive in.

Any words of encouragement or tips would all gratefully received.

Wish me luck. 

Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue
X

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment