26 Sept 2019

A Bit Too Close To Home

It’s quite rewarding being able to make items, whatever they be, for the Facebook group   Helping Handsand knowing that I’ve been able to make a small difference to other people while still enjoying my passion for crafting.


I started making heart shaped cushions back in 2015, when a very good friend of mine had to undergo a mastectomy and up until that point I hadn’t realised that something as simple as a cushion could bring so much comfort to someone after their surgery. 

I made two for my friend, and then two smaller banana shaped ones, that she said were more comfortable to use when she was driving.

That was the start.

Since then I’ve made more than a hundred, all of which have gone to Broomfield Hospital in Essex, and that have been given to unknown women who have gone through something that I hope I never have to face, please god.

But in recent months, another special friend of mine has found out that her family carry the BRCA2 gene.  Fortunately she was tested and was clear, but she has already lost one of her sisters to this awful disease and another is undergoing chemo at the moment.


 These latest four special cushions have been made for Donna with love in every single stitch.   Needless to say that we are all praying for a good outcome.
Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue
X

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment