3 Oct 2019

A Place For Everything……………

And everything in its place!

Well that’s how it’s supposed to be, right,  but I’m not the tidiest stitcher in the world and whenever I start a new project, inevitably I can’t find my embroidery scissors or gold plated needles.

My ambition for some time has been to stitch an Etui to keep everything together, especially after following the wonderful work of   Janet Granger on her blog.

She has made a few Etui’s over the years, all beautiful in their own way and they have made me want to make one myself all the more, but I felt I’d be  a little bit out of my depth tackling something  so technical and have kept putting it off.

That was until a couple of weeks ago when I was doing a bit of online shopping (craft supplies) and came across a book from Inspirations called ‘Willing Hands’,  that was going to be available at the end of October. 

The book, by Betsy Morgan, has projects for 7 counted thread embroidery Etui’s and 1 stitching wallet……….there had to be something in there I was capable of stitching!

4 weeks sooner than expected look what dropped through my letter box this morning.


I want to stitch every single project in there!

My first choice is the Elizabethan Casket on the front cover but I think I need to walk before I run and start with something that’s a little more straight forward.

So,  my first project is going to be.................
Virgin Queen’s Stitching Wallet.





1 hour later and I’ve been back on line and ordered all the  required materials and am now counting the minutes until it all arrives and I can get started.
Patience is a virtue!
Patience is a virtue!
Patience is a virtue!



Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue
X

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment