29 Jul 2018

Belated 2017 round up

Once again I haven’t updated my blog for some time, November in fact, but in my defense Blogger wasn’t playing the game. 

After changing my browser to Google Chrome, every time I tried to log in it wouldn’t let me, saying I had conflicting accounts.  I’ve still not managed to sort it out and have gone back to using Outlook Express, using a temporary log in which is working for now but I don’t know how long that will last.

If anyone know the solution to this, a heads up would be gratefully received!

Anyway, as you know from my last posts, I was in the middle of making four throws that were to be Christmas presents for some very special friends and I’m happy to report that did finish all four in time.

The first two were patterns from Polly Plum’s Stardust MelodiesCal, which turned out to be pretty, textured, squares.
And the second two were made following the Kavala CAL.
I must admit that I found these squares a little more challenging but I was pleased with the finished results.

Again, you will see from my previous blog posts, that I had started to list the squares individually and write about the inspiration that each of the designers worked to when coming up with the patterns, and at a later date I will add those that I have not done yet.
But for now I’ll just show you the finished throws.
Another project that has been finally finished is the Peacock Throw that I was asked to help with, via  Helping Hands.    Back at the end of 2016 I started to crocheted the basic throw and a cushion, finishing it by  Feb 2017. 
This was then sent off to the other ladies who had crocheted and had to sew on all the Peacock feathers.

Finally this month I received photos of the finished project.
The final ‘fun’ project I have to share with you from the end of last year is the three Troll Hats that I made for my Goddaughter and her two girls.
Well, that it’s for last year….now to chatch up on 2018.

Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue

x

No comments:

Post a Comment