24 Nov 2018

2018 minus One Month - Part 1


I started the year promising myself that things would be different in the coming year, and that I would be a much better blogger, but as you will already have noticed, we are already almost at the end of November and I’ve not managed a single update.

My needles, in one form or another, have been busy though and back at the beginning of the year I finally made a start on a cross stitch chart that I’ve had since 1998….yes, I did say 1998.


This is Mirabilia’s, ‘Chrystal Christmas’,  and it sat around all that time because I was having trouble justifying the cost of the materials needed to complete it. 
It uses lots of special threads and what seemed like thousands of Mill Hill beads, but since purchasing it I’ve stitched many wonderfully embellished projects, including all five of the Lavender & Lace, Celtic Ladies, so there was no real excuse anymore.


So, at the beginning of January I made a start, with the hope of having it finished and framed in time for Christmas.


Obviously this was an on-going project  that has kept me occupied throughout the year, and in between my knitting needles have been busy.

I don’t know if you remember, but last year I knitted a cabled sleeping bag for a friends niece.  Well, her other niece was expecting her second child and loved  the sleeping bag I made for her sister so much, she asked if I would knit one for her too, so out came the knitting needles and the Stylecraft Pattern (#8916) again and this was the result.



I’ve since been told that it goes everywhere with little Stanley, all her friends have sleeping bag envy and that I could have lots of orders for them if I want a job………think I’ll pass on that, thanks!

More knitting to follow, but for now

Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue
x

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by.  I would love to know how you stumbled upon me and what you were looking at.
x

2 comments:

  1. bonjour, je cherchais un modèle de nid d'ange et j'ai vu le votre sur pinterest. comment faire pour avoir les explications s'il vous plait? merci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by.

    The knitting pattern is Stylecraft Pattern (#8916)
    I hope that helps.

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete