30 Aug 2017

A Coming Together of Two Crafts


I’m still very much a novice when it comes to quilting, but when I saw this little quilt, I knew I had to give it a go. 
The  ‘High Tea’ Fusion Quilt, which is designed by Tiffany Behmer,  is a coming together of  pretty quilted squares that are joined together with crochet.

The first step was cut 72 fabric squares and 36 squares of batting, sew them together, turn the right way out and finish off with a row of machine stitching ¼” all the way around each one.
 Next  blanket stitch evenly around the outside of each one.
 Once that is done, it’s just a case of crocheting around them all and stitching the squares together and finishing with a border around the outside.
 
 

 

The pattern for this quilt can found for free over on  Ravelry.
 
Happy Crafting!
Whatever your passion may be
Sue
x

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm finishing up the High Tea Crochet Fusion Quilt now. Your's is beautiful. I've really enjoyed working on this project, I'm a long time crocheter but a newbie "sewer" lol. What I can't find anywhere are washing instructions for this blanket. Mine will be gifted to my niece for her new baby and I'm sure at some point a washing is going to be required. Do you have any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments Trecia. Like you I'm quite new to quilting/sewing too, so it was a big learning curve. I made mine as Christmas pressie and when it was finished I just gave it a cool wash in the machine and a light press when it was dry and it was fine.

    ReplyDelete