17 Jan 2012

A Change is as good as a Rest - Kid’s Company Project

June  2009


Well, I’ve been busily stitching away while recovering from my knee op a month or so ago and I thought I’d have a bit of a try at some free hand embroidery for a change instead of the old cross stitch.

I must admit, I was quite pleased with the way they turned out and they were a lot quicker to stitch but I still love my cross stitch so I’m not sure if I’ll do any more of these.

Here’s the latest set of finished squares that I sent over to Nicki in Switzerland for the Kid’s Company Project   and the finished cushions after Nicki had worked her magic.

All of the designs were children’s colouring pages that I found on the web.  I traced them onto some cotton fabric and stitched over the top.

Panel #12


Panel #13


Panel #14


Panel #15

Panel #16

Next up is a panel that was for a little girl who specifically asked for Cinderella on her cushion.

Again, I found a colouring page and traced it onto White Aida as I had intended to cross stitch this one but then I changed my mind and decided to do some Blackwork to fill in some of the design.

Panel #17





Then a footballer, also in Blackwork




And finally back to the old cross stitch  for the last panel this month.

Panel #19



Panel #20




Panel #18

No comments:

Post a Comment