20 Aug 2026

‘Bristol Berries 2’ – Erica Michaels

 I can’t believe that we have already reached the last month of Cross Stitch Camp,  and Sheri, the  Colorado Cross Stitcher  has set our final challenge, which is the same as it is every year:- 

to try something new - a new count, a new linen, a new designer, a new finish, a new colour scheme - whatever stretches our stitching journey in some way.

After giving it some thought, I decided to make a strawberry.

Apart from the Hindeloopen Strawberry that I stitched back in

January and was finished in a totally different way, I have never stitched and finished a ‘traditional’ one before.

I already had ‘Bristol Berries 2’ by Erica Michaels in my collection and had never stitched any of her charts before either,  so decided that I would stitch one of the three berries included in the chart.

I’m still continuing to work from stash when I can, so I’ve stitched this piece on a piece of 36ct mystery Evenweave and used a Roxy Floss Co thread, ‘Suitable’ that was left over from the 2024 Christmas Countdown

Tomorrow will be a fully finishing day and I have a few pieces that need dealing with, so it should be fun.

 Happy Stitching!

Sue

x


No comments:

Post a Comment