13 Oct 2024

O Tannenbaum! – Brenda Gervais

 This is a project that has been almost 10 months in the making because I started all five pieces as part of my 12 x 12 stitch on New Years Eve last year and I’m happy to report that it’s now all stitched and fully finished.

A few of the panels I finished stitching earlier in the year but I still had a couple to finish, and this week was the week.

Santa was here, the last time you saw him

and the panel with the bigger house was here.

Here they are completed and ready for finishing.

At first I was contemplating finishing them as pillows instead of the little flat finishes that the chart states, mainly because I wasn’t sure I would be able to get the box over here.  Luckily I found one, although the configuration is a little different, so I eventually finished them as suggested.
I’m not a fan of gluing this type of thing together, so they were all hand stitched using this cute fabric I found in a fat quarter stack in HobbyCraft.


While I had my finishing bits and bobs out, I also FFO’d ‘Joy’, my 12 in 24 Christmas Ornament.

Again, this was hand stitched together and edged with some Red Chenille wool that I also picked up while in HobbyCraft.

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

 

Project Details

Chart - 0 Tannenbaum!

Designer  – Brenda Gervais

Fabric – 36ct Heartland – Picture This Plus

Threads – Called for – Weeks Dye Works, Classic Colorworks and Gentle Arts Sampler Threads


Chart – Joy

Designer – Misty Pursel – Luminous Fiber Arts

Fabric – 36ct Linen – Mill Stone – Legacy Fiber Artz

Threads – ‘On Holiday’ Roxy Floss Co – 2022 Holiday Countdown Box

1 comment:

  1. Your With Thy Needle finish is so beautiful, Sue! Really special. And the ornament is darling. I always use glue and have never had a problem. I find it to be much easier and faster, but that's just me :) Enjoy your day ♥

    ReplyDelete