2 Oct 2024

Joy - Luminous Fibre Arts

 As we head into October, the weather is getting wetter and colder, although up to now I’ve resisted turning on the heating.  That to me says we're getting into the darker and what seems like longer months of the year and I’m not ready for that just yet!

 Mind you I shouldn’t complain, when I think about all the poor people in the states who are having to cope with the terrible destruction caused by hurricane Helene .  I can’t begin to imagine how you face and cope with something like that and I know it’s no consolation, but material things can be replaced in time, you can’t replace you, so stay safe and well.  I’ve already seen on social media, groups offering to help replace ‘stitchy things’ for those that may have lost everything, proving once again that our on-line community have big hearts and are willing to help in any way they can…….angels, every one of them!

September was a good month for me stitching wise, as I had three new starts and 4 finishes, one of which got me ahead of the game because it was Christmas ornament for Octobers 12 in 24 challenge with Carol from Stitching Dream Blogspot

(sorry I've not ironed anything this morning)

This was first time I’ve stitched one of Misty’s designs from  Luminous Fiber Arts  and it was the cute freebie she gave us at the Jingle Ball last year, called 'Joy'. 

I stitch it on a scrap piece of 36ct ‘Mill Stone’  linen from Legacy Fiber Artz and used left over thread from my 2022 Holiday Countdown from Evertote in the colour ‘On Holiday’

I also made some great progress on my birthday start, the ‘Newcastle Bouquet Biscornu’ from Teresa Kogut.  This is where it was the last time you saw it.

I finished the top panel and have made a start to bottom.

Of course, now we are into a new month I had to have a new start for October and decided to go with ‘When I Think of Autumn’ from Puntini Puntini.

I’ve had the chart, buttons and pins tucked away for some time, so yesterday I got it out and made a good start on it, although I’ve just noticed that my ‘M’ is one row short, so I’ll have to do a little bit of frogging the next time I pick it up.

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

Project Details

Chart – Joy

Designer – Misty Pursel – Luminous Fiber Arts

Fabric – 36ct Linen – Mill Stone – Legacy Fiber Artz

Threads – ‘On Holiday’ Roxy Floss Co – 2022 Holiday Countdown Box


Chart – Newcastle Bouquet Biscornu

Designer – Teresa Kogut - Creative Whims

Fabric – 36ct Linen – Baby Sheep – X JuDesigns

Threads – Called For – Classic Color Works, Weeks Dye Works & DMC


Chart – When I Think of Autumn

Designer – Puntini Puntini

Fabric – 14ct – Mystery Aida

Threads – Some called for DMC and various other threads from stash

No comments:

Post a Comment