9 Sept 2024

Prairie Schooler Santa 2023

As you already know from my last post, the last month was spent just stitching on my Chatelaine, in an effort to get it finished, and that in turn had an impact on all the other wips and sals that I wanted to stitch on.

Now I've completed my  Chatelaine, it was time to play catch up and the first thing I picked up was my August Christmas ornament for the #12in24ornamentstitchalong with Carol from Stitching Dream Blogspot

No surprises here, because I’m working my way through the Prairie Schooler Santa’s this year,  and the one for August is from 2023.

With that finished I went right on and made a start on the one from 1991, for my September ornament and this is where I am with it.

This afternoon I’m going to be putting the first stitches into my 68th birthday start.

I had hoped I would be starting my new Chatelaine but unfortunately that hasn’t happened because although I have most of the threads, my linen still hasn’t arrived.

Instead I pulled out a Terese Kogut chart that I’ve had kitted up for some time and that’s the Newcastle Bouquet Biscornu.

This will be my first attempt at a biscornu, so I keeping everything crossed that I can manage the finishing of it.

At some point I would like to stitch the Newcastle Bouquet Sampler too, which was one of Teresa's first sampler designs but that’s something for the future.

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

 

2 comments:

  1. Your Santas are looking good...they are always a fun stitch! You can handle a biscournu...just be sure you double check your back stitches on the perimeter and have the same number on all sides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advise on the biscornu Stasi, I'll remember that when it comes to finishing. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete