22 Sept 2024

Mrs Parkman’s Needlework Academy – A B C Sampler

 It’s been another fun week of stitching and I have another finish to share.

This time it’s the piece I was working on for Sampler September and that was the 'ABC Sampler' from Nicola Parkman of Hands Across the Sea Samplers

It was a lot of fun following the free on-line tutorial.

Some stitches, like French Knots, Smyrna Cross and Satin Stitch I have worked many times and there were others like Feather & Double Feather Stitch, Berlin Lace Work and Turkey Knot Stitch I had never encountered before, so it was interesting learning some new stitches.

I already have an idea for fully finishing, which I hope to get done in the coming week, along with a couple of other bits that need doing, so I’ll be pulling out the sewing machine.

Chart -  ABC Sampler – Hands Across the Sea

Fabric – 36ct Linen – Dunes at Dust – Legacy Fiber Artz

Threads – Gloriana Silk.

 

I also worked on my birthday start, and have made good


progress on the top square of the Newcastle Bouquet Biscornu from Teresa Kogut.

Teresa’s choice of threads on this are simply beautiful.

Chart -  Newcastle Bouquet Biscornu

Fabric – 36ct Linen – Baby Sheep – X JuDesigns

Threads – Called For – Classic Colorworks, Weeks Dye Works & DMC

 Finally, I received 4 new to me Blackbird charts that I’ve re-homed from the talented Lainey Main  on Instagram.


The one that first caught my eye was ‘Flowers For You’ because it reminds me of sweet peas and they were my mums favourite flowers. Needless to say, I’ll be stitching this one in her honour.

Then there was the ‘Home for the Holidays’ Book and two more Christmas charts, so lots for get working on!

So that’s it for my update this week. 

I’m still working on my September ornament, which will be finished this evening and then it’s back to my Biscornu, so until next time………

Happy Stitching!

Sue

xx

 

2 comments:

  1. I never did find the time to tackle this, but I am enjoying seeing yours! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stasi. I'm not surprised you haven't found the time, given all the stitching you do. The chart is still free on HATS and the tutorials on You Tube, so you never know, you might be able to squeeze it in somewhere!
      Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete