19 Aug 2024

Still on track - Butterfly Lace Mandala

Good morning all, It’s been a while since I joined you but in reality I’ve had nothing much to share, despite my needle still flying behind the scenes.

As a consequence of concentrating on my Chatelaine this month, I’ve had to pass on Cross Stitch Camp for August and skip my 12 in 24 Christmas ornament, but I'll try and catch up with that one later, so I'm not one short come December.

Anyway, the last time you saw my Chatelaine,  I had just started working on one of the big 1 over 1 butterflies, which is now finished.

I then worked on the final butterfly and the corner ornament, meaning all the actual stitching is finished.

At this point I was beginning to realise that I could never be a permanent monogamous stitcher.  I was getting withdrawal symptoms and was longing to pick up all my other wips.

I’m being strong though and haven’t given in. Lol!

For the last eight days I have been doing the beading, adding even more sparkle.  I am nearly at the half way mark so should be on track for my September finish, all being well.


Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

 

Butterfly Lace Mandala

Started 9th September 2021

Designer -  Martina Rosenberg - Chatelaine

Fabric – 28ct Jobelan Evenweave – Antique White

Threads – Called for Silks, DMC and Petite Treasure Braid

Beads – Swarovski Crystals and Delica Beads

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you for sticking with this project. You are definitely closer to a fully finished cross stitch, and what an amazing thing that will be. This is a gorgeous cross stitch. Best wishes to you to stay strong and keep on stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words. I can't lie, it's not been easy only stitching on this, but I'm so happy that after three years, it's very nearly finished. Happy Stitching! Sue xx

      Delete
  2. Oh Sue, this is looking so incredible. Go Sue Go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I;m very nearly there!! Thanks for stopping by Robin. Happy Stitching! Sue xx

      Delete
  3. Wow! That is one special piece, Sue! I so admire those of you who don't mind beading. It drives me crazy :) Love everything about this piece--especially the colors. Hope you reach your goal to finish it by September ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Carol. I think if I stitch another one I'll try beading as I go because it's a bit of a chore doing it all at the end. Happy Stitching! Sue xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Stasi. It's been hard going leaving all the beads until the end, but I'm so close. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. That's very kind, Thank you. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete