23 Jul 2024

O Tannenbaum! - Breand Gervais

 It’s time to pull out another project  for ‘Christmas in July’, and O Tannenbaum! by Brenda Gervais fits the bill!

I’ve wanted to stitch one of these boxes for a long time, but have always put it off because it’s difficult getting hold of the box over here.   Luckily, I saw one for sale and I grabbed it as fast as I could.

I actually started working on this back on New Year’s Eve last year, as part of the NYE 12 x 12 Sal, when each of the five panels were given just 1 hour of stitching each.  After that, it was put away again until February when I pulled it out and finished the first panel.

It was put away again until this month when I pulled it out again and this time I started with the smallest panel, but believe it or not the frog visited several times while I was working on it. 

I did eventually finish it though.

Next up was one of the larger panels which I also finished.

Finally, I made a start on what I consider the most challenging panel in my opinion, and that is the Santa……………Oh boy, that’s a big patch of red stitching!


I’m getting close to an overall finish of the box now, with just one more panel to go.

O Tannenbaum!

Designer – Brenda Gervais

Fabric – 36ct Linen – Heartland – Picture This Plus

Threads – Called For – Weeks Dye Works, Classic Colorworks & Gentle Arts Sampler Threads

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

No comments:

Post a Comment