3 Apr 2023

New Floor Stand and Palace of the Winds – Jan Hicks Creates

 I’ve had several different floor stands over the years but have never been totally with any of them for one reason or another.  So after watching Caroline, of Evertotes, in Canada and seeing that they have taken over Hearthside Craftworks and her husband is now making their hand-made frames needed to know more.

It was most definitely a considered purchase because the delivery to the UK, and customs charges were really expensive, but in the end I decided to take the plunge and order one.   It came with a tray for your bits and bobs and a chart stand, which I am using for my tablet, but they do also make a dedicated phone and tablet stand if you want them. 

I like that you can turn your work completely over to get to the back without any trouble and the fact you have so many options for size of scroll rods, which I need to order.

 

As soon as I had put it together, which wasn’t difficult, I loaded the scroll bars with Palace of the Winds from Jan Hicks.

This is where I put it down last time

And this is where I am after another 4 days of stitching at various times.


I’ve found that since putting it on the stand it is growing much, much faster.

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

 

Chart – Palace of the Winds

Designers – Jan Hicks Creates

Fabric – 36ct Evenweave – Light Grey

Threads - Cottage Garden Threads:- Cocoon,  Bluebell & Foxglove

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're liking your stand. I do think if you have a project on a stand like that, you are more apt to sit down and put in some stitches.....looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, having it ready to go makes a big differance, even iy you only put in a thread or two. The stand is lovely to work on by the way! Happy Stitching! Sue
      x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely piece you are working on, Sue! Enjoy your new stand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Robin. Jan Hicks seems to lave lacy things and I'm really enjoying stitching on this one. I do need to learn to count though, because I seem to be doing a lot of frogging, Lol! Happy Stitching!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete