31 Mar 2023

12 in 23 - Holly – Ornament 3/12

Because I was concentrating on getting my Heritage Book finished this month, there wasn’t a lot of time for other stitching, but yesterday I did manage to squeeze in my March ornament for 12 in 23.

I’ve stitched ‘Holly’ from Hello from Liz Mathews before, when I stitched it as a gift and I loved it so much, that I decided to stitch it again.

The first time round, I stitched it on linen and finished it in a small hoop,

but this time I used 14ch White Aida, using Weeks Dye Works thread.

I finished it flat and edged it with small ric-rac  and red beads.  I also made a corded hanger  

and added year charm on the front and a bulb pin and poinsettia charm to the back.


Happy Stitching!

Sue

x


8 comments:

  1. Your Holly ornament is beautiful. The poinsettia charm is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. I wasn't really certain that the charm was right for it, but went with it anyway. Happy Stitching! Sue
      x

      Delete
  2. Sue, I love both versions of this finish.....but especially the one you gifted me! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no question that I had to stitch it again Stasi, Liz's charts is so sweet. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  3. Hi Sue, I hope you don't mind me contacting you, but a while ago you mentioned on Stasi's blog how you had a handy tip for turning corners on pin cushions etc, to avoid making holes in the corners. It was something to do with putting a thread into the fabric and then pulling it through. I wonder if you would mind explaining it to me in a bit more detail. My email is Aspallhouse at gmail dot com. Thank you in advance. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all Sandra, I'll email you. Happy Stitching! Sue
      x

      Delete
  4. Such a darling ornaments, Sue--perfectly finished as always. I'm so glad you are participating in the #12in23ornamentstitchalong on Instagram. Have a wonderful Easter ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks Carol. Apart from the Advent calendar a couple of years ago and the Jeanette Douglas sal last year, I've not made many ornaments, so joining in with 12in23 is making me focus a bit. Happy Easter to you too, have a great weekend.
    Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete