1 Jan 2022

2021 Round up

 Well, it’s been an interesting year to say the least.

Covid 19 is still running rife, especially in the London area, but given my health problems I have been especially careful and have managed to avoid coming into contact with anyone infected with it. 

The knock on effect of that was that I had lots of time to stitch! 

In 2020 I did very little stitching, spending most of my time knitting and crocheting and that was the way I started 2021 too, crocheting lap blankets with oddment of wool and knitting dolls clothes.

But then everything changed when,  quite by accident I discovered floss tube……...do I really need to say more? 

Apart from charts I’d never seen before, I quickly realized I needed project bags for my cross stitch and needle minders from Etsy!

I started an Instagram account and there were also groups on Facebook  to explore.

In the summer there was ‘virtual’ cross stitch camp, three months of stitching challenges, and then there was Black Sampler November. so lots to keep me occupied.

There were lots of first too:-

I joined in with my first SAL.

I stitched designers that I had never stitched before.

I stitched on 40ct fabric for the first time.

I charted some motifs for an un-finished sampler

I made my first Black Sampler.


  I finished my first drum. 
And  I started my first Chatelaine – Butterfly Lace Mandala.

 

I have had a tally up of the things I worked on over the year and stitching wise I had 62 finishes and 47  Fully Finishes (25 of which were the Madame Chantilly Advent Calendar.

I also have 5 Wips and several charts lined up and ready to go, so it’s looking like another busy year ahead of me.

So with that, there's nothing left to say other than I hope 2022 is fun, stitchy one for you.


Happy Stitching!

Sue

x



2 comments:

  1. Is there any way to get the pattern for your Nuts about Lavender fields afgan? It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment.

      It was a CAL 'Nuts about Squares' from 'It's in a Nut Shell.com'
      https://itsallinanutshell.com/2017/03/31/nuts-about-squares-cal-week-1/
      and there were weekly You Tubes to follow as well. Everyone chose there own colour pallet and named it, hence mine is my favourite, Lavender and was called Nuts about Lavender Fields. I hope you find it because it's such a lovely project to crochet.
      Sue
      x


      Delete