5 Nov 2021

October Round-up

 I’ve only worked on three of my WIP’s this month.

 I’ve actually been taking part in #witcheystitchy2021 over on Embroidery.com, where the idea was that you had to stitch for a least 30 minutes each day throughout October and be accountable on their Facebook group and then there were also 5 tricks you could take part in too.

For the first stitch I went back to one of my May-ina starts, ‘3 Butterflies’ from Rosewood Manor and I managed a finish.

Start of Month
End of month
My weekends were spent joining in with the Chatelaine Weekenders, when I stitched on ‘Butterfly Lace Mandala’, designed be Martina Rosenberg.

Start of Month

End of month
One of the five tricks during the month was to stitch something that frightens you and the first of the 1 over 1 butterfly’s fitted the bill perfectly.

I’ve never done this before and it was very time consuming, but so worth the effort.

The final project I worked on was my Temperature Tree, designed by Stitchin Mommy, on Etsy.

Start of Month

End of month

I finished the leaves on the September and October branches and stitched some more of the trunk.

I also had two small starts, the first being the next in the Loose Feathers series, For the Birds, from Blackbird designs.

The second was Matter’s Choice from Carriage House Samplings

but I ended up frogging the little bit I stitched.

I realised that I had cut my fabric to the size of the finished stitch and had forgotten to add the extra around the edge for finishing.

I’m so annoyed with myself because in all my years of stitching I never managed to do that……..oh well, I have a new bit of Linen now and will start it again for #blacksamplersal

Happy Stitching!

Sue

X


No comments:

Post a Comment