10 Jul 2021

Sad News for the Cross Stitch Community

Those in the cross stitch world are very sad this week, after the sad news that Barb Adams, one of the designers behind Blackbird Designs has passed away, which makes my latest project for ‘virtual’ Cross Stitch Camp all the more poignant.    RIP Barb.

 The challenge for July was to stitch a designer new to us, so my camp project was  Blackbird Designs, ‘It’s Spring Fever’ from The Loose Feather’s series, For The Birds.


When I decided to stitch this, I had no thoughts about stitching the other eight in the series because I didn’t know what I would do with them all.

But then I saw something that inspired me.

Another ‘camper’ had stitched this little Quaker Sampler Book

for her June project and it gave me the idea to stitch all eight and make them into a book as well…...................It also sent me off to the Cross Stitchers Guild to purchase the Quaker Sampler Book kit too, but that’s another story, Lol!

Each of the designs in the Loose Feathers series has a space for you to add your initial and obviously I didn’t really want to add an ‘S’ to all of them, but after giving it some thought I came up with the perfect solution.

It’s now going to be a heritage piece when it’s finished and the initials will be those of my maternal and paternal Grandparents, my mum and dad and my two brothers, leaving the last one for mine.  It couldn't have worked out better! 


 At some point I will still need to cobble together a design  for the front cover with the series name on it and may be some elements or a border from the charts and then I’m thinking I can do a page listing the names of all the charts.

Until next time .............Happy Crafting!

(Whatever you passion may be)

Sue

X


No comments:

Post a Comment