22 Jun 2021

Temperature Tree

Yesterday (21st June)  was the Mid-Summer Solstice,  when the sun rises at it earliest , 4:41am here in Essex in the UK  and  setting at 21:21pm,  giving 16h :39m :55s of day light, often referred to as the longest day.

Typical as ever though, mid summers day was wet and cold and well, you would have thought it was more like November than June but fear not, I was at ‘virtual’ Cross Stitch Camp, where everything was idyllic, just as you would expect it to be. 

We’ve sat around the lake or camp fire and discussed everything from our favourite food to films, while busily working away and trying to keep those pesky frogs away from out stitching.

My June project was finished just seven days in, but fortunately and had a couple of other things that I could work on, one of them being  Temperature Tree, a PDF download from Stitchin Mommy on Etsy.

The idea is that you start it at the beginning of the year and add the leaves to tree, according the temperature ‘high’ for each day, but I had to give serious consideration to this, as we were already in mid-June and I hadn’t started it. 

Dilemma……do I leave it until next year to stitch, or do I start now and play catch-up?

Needless to say, ‘start now’ won. 

My plan was to start with the outline of the trunk and branches up until I reached the June branch and then add the the June leaves each day, continuing on from there.  Then, each day, after I had added my new June leaf I went back to January and played catch-up until I meet up with myself again in June and I’m all caught up now.


Chart - Temperature Tree by Stitchin' Mommy on Etsy
Fabric - Zweigart 32ct White Murano Evenweave
Threads - Mouline Special DMC (6 strand) 
                Weeks Dye Works (Havana) for trunk and branches

 Happy Crafting!

(Whatever you passion may be)

Sue

X


No comments:

Post a Comment