20 Oct 2019

Virgin Queen’s Stitching Wallet – Part 4 – Bargello & Centre Back Panels

The centre panel of my Virgin Queen’s Stitching Wallet is stitched in one piece, together with the two ends that fold in to keep everything in place inside. 

I decided I would start with the Bargello panels first.

Again, this stitch is a first for me, despite the fact that I’ve been stitching in one form or another for more than 50 years.

It’s basically simple, a series of upright, flat stitches (over four threads in my case) that are worked in mathematical patterns to create bands of colour.

Right-hand Panel
Left-hand Panel

Project stitching time to date – 29 hours 15 mins. 

 Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue
X

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 



2 comments:

  1. How beautiful the bargello looks! I'm a big fan of geometrical designs like this, and bargello is on my to-do list of fiber techniques to learn, so this post was very interesting to read :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just like Satin stitch really Robin. The hardest part was getting the first first row correct, after that the rows are easy to follow.

      Thanks for stopping by. xx

      Delete