30 May 2019

Braving another Quilt or Two


I remember a few years back my good friend Nicki encouraging me to brave using my sewing machine, which had been collecting dust in the cupboard for many years, and have a go at quilting.
 
My reply had always been that was incapable of sewing a straight line, but her words keep coming back.
  
She said I’d be hooked if I gave it a go.

I eventually made my very first quilt block, which wasn’t a great successful if I’m honest,  back in August 2016, followed by first tiny quilt in Feb 2017.
                  
I’ve not progressed to anything much larger as yet, but I did feel confident enough to make four quilt blocks as part of a very special quilt that was made for one of the policeman involved in the aftermath of the Borough Market terrorists attack in London.




Nicki was right about getting hooked.............I now find myself browsing quilting magazines instead of the paper crafting ones that use to end up on my craft table and I already have a little collection of acrylic quilting rulers and rotary cutters, lol.

I’m happy making small incubator quilts and have made two this month, in conjunction with the   Helping Hands Facebook Group  


 Front 

             
Back



When I have a few more made, they will be heading to my local neonatal unit at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow in Essex.


Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue
X


Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment