26 Nov 2018

The Girls Are Back In Town!

The final two Celtic Sisters (Celtic Summer and Celtic Winter) are back from the framers and as always   Frames of London  have done a wonderful job.

The previous two I had done in the same style frames, one Silver, one Gold and I had intended to do the same with this pair, but much to my disappointment they have stopped doing the Silver version, so I went with the Gold for them and had the Silver one changed to Gold, so they all match.
Now I have the whole collection – The four Seasons and Celtic Christmas.
Can you spot my mistake?


Somehow I managed to stitch Celtic Autumn on 36ct instead of 32ct, making her smaller than her sisters.
Just as well I’m not planning to hang them all together, but will the Virgo in take over and make me stitch her again……….
Only time will tell!

There was also a little hitch with my Mirabila ‘Crystal Christmas’, which went in to be framed at the same time as the others. 

I had a phone call to say all four of my projects were ready to be collected, but the night before I realized I had miss off a very important thing……...the Crystal Star on the top of the tree. 

My plan now would be to carefully take it out of the frame when I got it home, stitch it on from the front, so as to not have to undo all the stretching threads and then re-seal it into the frame.   
I did mention the fact that I blundered when I got the call, not expecting them to do anything about it, but the lady I spoke to very kindly said to fetch the star and thread with me and they would take it out of the frame for me so I could stitch it on in the shop.
To my amazement, when I got there they had taken it out, and undone all the stretching, making it much easier to stitch the star on.
I collected it a week later, after it had been stretched again and re-framed. 




I can’t praise them enough because they didn’t charge me for their extra work, so please keep them in mind if you are ever looking for someone to frame your precious work, I can recommend them. 
They have been doing mine since 1996 and I can’t fault them.



Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue
X


Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by.  


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I LOVE the colors you used on the Celtic season sisters! I would be more than happy to buy the conversion charts from you. My email is kimmieronk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimmie, My ladies were all done in the original colours, so no conversion charts. The only variation may have been an odd Anchor thread instead of DMC but that would be all.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Sue! Pinterest shows the sisters in so many different colors. I wasn't sure. You do beautiful work!! :)

    ReplyDelete