24 Nov 2018

2018 minus One Month - Part 3


More knitting………..

This time a little Collage Jersey Ronnie  and Blue Biker Cardie and Hat for Stanley, both from the King Cole Baby Book 7.





My ‘Crystal Christmas’ cross stitch is now nearly finished and then it’s the mammoth task of sewing all the tiny beads onto it.


And while all that has been going on I’ve had lots of new projects drop through the door, to keep me occupied for the rest of the year.

First is another Bucilla Christmas Stocking.  I’ve made five so far, dating back to 1981.


This is White Christmas …….and this one is for me, Yah!

Next is more cross stitch charts.

I was given a very generous gift from the family of a neighbour after she passed away.  They live in Wales and couldn’t get here as often as they would have liked, so to say thank you for keeping an eye out for her (not that I did much) they sent me a voucher for a company called Patchwork Rabbit which has so many unusual charts and kits.  

That was so kind, so thank you Chris and David.

After much deliberation I settled on a kind of stitch-a-long.  
They send out a chart each month for Twelve months and it’s calls ‘The Songbird’s Garden’. I now have three ready and waiting to go when I’ve caught up with everything else.





Then, I really needed more threads!

Considering I already have a cabinet with all the Anchor threads in and many boxes of DMC ones, I decided to also purchased the Weeks Dye Works Threads used for these, which means I’m ready to go when the time comes. The shading in these hand dyed threads is amazing. 


These aren’t all the shades I will need but they will see me through the first three charts and I’ll get the others as I need them.

Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue
X

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by.  I would love to know how you stumbled upon me and what you were looking at.
x


No comments:

Post a Comment