28 Aug 2017

Bank Holiday Catch Up

Well, the weeks are just flying by and the August Bank Holiday is upon us, so here I am, sunning myself in the garden and looking back on my crafty antics over the past month.
By far the largest project was the  ‘Stardust Melodies’ cal that was hosted by Polly Plum on her blog Every Trick On The Hook. 

 
The cal  has officially finished now,  but I run out of wool on the border of mine …....really frustrating…………but I ordered more and it’s arrived, so with just five rows to go it shouldn’t be too long before it’s finished.

Believe it or not, I actually turned designer on this too, because I needed an extra square and didn’t want to duplicate any of the others. I use the word ‘designer’ loosely because it’s a very simple square but I think it fits with the rest….or at least I hope it does! 

So, now for  Polly’s squares that you haven’t seen yet:-

Squares 13  &  14 -  “I Got Rhythm  &  Don’t Get Round Much Anymore




Squares 15  &  16 – La Mer  &  Satin Doll

Squares  17  &  18 -  On The Street Where You Live  &  Ain’t Misbehavin  


Squares  19  &  20 - As Time Goes By  &   It Had To Be You

Squares  21  &  22 -  Someone to Watch Over Me   &  Summertime    


Squares  23  &  24  -  Dream A Little Dream  &  One For My Baby

And  finally two squares designed by me, which I am calling “This Could Be The Start Of Something Big” and "Funny" in keeping with the Stardust Melodies theme.
 


I added an extra row of contrast to my squares before joining them with a flat braid and I used the paid pattern for the border.

Photos of the finished throw to follow in due course!
Happy Crafting,
Whatever your passion may be!
Sue
x

No comments:

Post a Comment