28 Oct 2016

My First Cross Stitch of the Year

June 2016

It’s been a while since I’ve done any cross stitch, as I’ve been concentrating on my Christmas Tree Skirt and Knitting and Crocheting for the Facebook group   Helping Hands

It was when a lady from the group was looking for someone that could make use of some embroidery threads and several pieces for Aida fabric and canvas, my name was suggested and this lovely parcel of goodies arrived on my doorstep.

 I immediately set about stitching and made four squares using a combination of cross stitch and Blackwork.





 

They were eventually sent to Nicki , my friend in Switzerland and she made they into this wonderful lap quilt that will be sent to Silverdale Residential Home as part of a project to make 22 quilts and 15  Fiddle Mitts/Muffs.

 

Happy Stitching
Sue
x

No comments:

Post a Comment