14 Oct 2013

Travelling Chart & Wings of Heaven Update

14th October 2013

Sadly I’ve still had no response from Denise about the travelling chart so yesterday I picked another name from the list. 

This time it’s definitely on the move because I’ve heard back from Kate   over at the Flying Needle Blog and the chart is  already on its way to Brisbane, Australia.


Wings of Heaven is still coming along nicely, although despite the  promise to myself that I would stitch on it every evening until it is finished, I didn’t quite manage it.


I didn’t pick it up at all on Friday because I was just too tied after spending the day walking around the Knit and Stitch Show at Alexandra Palace. 

It was the first time I’d been to a stitch show for around 30 years and I love all the exhibits from the  ‘guilds’ ….most inspiring I must say.  I think it also awoke a deep seated yearning to have a go at bobbin lace again sometime in the future.  Stash wise I was very restrained and only came home three fat quarters of evenweave in vintage colours, ready the samplers I have planned.

 
Anyway, back the Angel……
I did a little better on Saturday evening……hopefully making up for the missed evening of Friday. 

Day 8
 
Sunday evening was productive too and I’m now on the last part of the bottom half of her, if that makes sense. 
When I work on a largish chart I like to divide it into eight and I’m on the 4th of eight.
 
Day  9
 
Happy Stitching!
Sue
x

1 comment:

  1. I would love to walk around a stitching exhibit. Sounds like a very fun time.

    ReplyDelete