19 Jun 2012

Total Disaster, My June 2012 TUSAL and a cute Give-a-Way

Oh, I’ve spent the last six months working on the portrait of BoJangles and last night I had a major catastrophe and succeeded in messing the whole thing up.

Somehow I managed to get the fabric caught in the screws on my seat frame and it had pushed it up into the hole the bolts go through, firmly trapping it there.

No matter what I tried I couldn’t get it free without breaking the threads in the fabric and I’ve ended up with two damaged sections.


So far I’ve managed to darn one hole but it’s going to show because it’s in a place that’s not going to be stitched over.  I’m hoping that the second one will end up under the mount but at the moment I can’t be certain, it’s going to be close.
What a bummer!  

I’m nearing the end of the project now but after what's happened I’m really disheartened and am on the verge of chucking it in the back of the cupboard.  I won’t do that though because if I did it would never get picked up again, so I need to persevere.

This is where I'm at.


My TUSAL is still filling up with the dark shades but very soon I’ll be stitching in pretty colours again because I’m about to start on the Kid’s Company project again.



  It’s Daffy Cat’s Blog  has all you need to know to join in,  so collect up all your Ratty Old Threads and come and join in the fun.

I’ve also come across a fab give-a-way this week and it’s this cute little bunny made by the very creative Millie .

 
This little Lilac Bunny is looking for a new home and she comes complete with sewing goodies for the lucky winner too, so it’s well worth popping across to her blog to join in. 

So that's it for me, it's back to the fabric and another attempt at darning the second hole.....wish me luck.

Happy Stitching!
Sue
x   

1 comment:

  1. OMG I would be devistated but I am sure you will find a way to hide it xx

    ReplyDelete