25 Feb 2012

Wishing you a 'Stitchy' New Year

January 2012

So here we at the start of a new stitching year and boy am I glad to see the back of the last one.

What started out as a four day trip to Germany at the end of November ended up being an almost three week trip because my cousin who I was traveling with had a stroke on our first evening there and finished up in hospital.
Fortunately it wasn’t too bad and she received the most amazing treatment there but it meant an awful lot of time spent just sitting around, as you can imagine and would you believe that I didn’t even take any stitching away with me, which is really unusual for me, so I had nothing to do and there were no shops near to where we were.

Anyway, since being back I’ve finally made a start on the picture of BoJangles that I had charted but I’m not sure I’m liking it.

I know from when I stitched the picture of Emily you come across colours that you’d never believe should be in there and I’m finding the exact same thing Bo’s picture. 

Experience tells me that I need to wait until it’s finished to appreciate it but I’m already finding it hard going because for a Black, White and Ginger cat there’s an awful lot of Pink and Beige in it and I’m doubting it’s going to look right but I shall plod on.

Here’s where I’m up to.


The chart is spread across 12 x A4 sheets and this is about ¾’s of the first sheet, so I’ve a long, long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment