19 Feb 2012

Chart a Photo

October 2011

I’ve been thinking it’s about time I started on another large project as I’ve not done one for some time.

If you’ve been a reader of my blog for a while, you’ll know that back in 2002 I stitched a picture of my little cat Emily and won a prize for it.


Well for some time now I’ve been meaning to do a cross stitch of BoJangles and have this lovely photo of him.

Looks like butter wouldn’t melt doesn't he,  but don’t be fooled…..this little man is a cutie but he has real attitude!

Anyway, when I did Emily’s picture I charted it myself on my computer but for some reason the program’s not working now, so I’ve had it charted on line by a company called Photo2Stitch.

You can either just have the chart from them or they will put together a kit that contains the chart, Aida in the count you prefer and all the threads.

I have to say I was really impressed with the company.

I liked the idea of the kit but I wanted to stitch mine on Evenweave fabric so I email them and asked if it was possible to have just the chart and threads, which they were happy to do.

I then just  emailed them the photo, told them the size I wanted it cropped to (I want the finished piece to be the same size as Emily’s picture) and I asked them to remove the background, which they did.



Once they had charted the picture and removed the background they emailed me a picture so I could see how it looked before I had to pay for it and a couple of days later this little lot arrived in the post.



I’d also already ordered my Evenweave fabric from  Sew and So,  and no sooner than the kit popped through my door I had started to stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment