12 Feb 2012

Just Look What Arrived This Morning

13th June 2011

I Can’t tell you how excited I was when there was a knock at my door this morning and the postman was there with an enormous box.

At first it didn’t register that it could be the quilts because there had been no email from her to say that the last quilt was finished, let along already in the post………Naughty Nicki!


Well, to say I cried as I opened out each individual quilt is an understatement. 

It was breath-taking to see them all laid side by side on my sofa and it was only then that I realised the amount of work that had gone into making them all……….and I couldn’t have done it without the help of such wonderful friends………Thank you girls!

Just feast your eyes on this little lot.



Just so you don’t miss out, here are the close up pictures of the final two quilts.

2nd Brown Quilt - motifs stitched by the ladies in Holland (Logo stitched by me)







Gerbera Quilt – motifs stitched by Sharon and myself




I’ve also been in touch with the hospice this morning and they say we can go up to the hospice on the morning of the 22nd to present the quilts to them. 

It’s such a shame that Nicki, Sharon Marge and Marie-Therese  can’t be there too but I will be there with my two brothers and we’ll take a few pictures to share with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment