3 Jan 2012

SOLAK Squares


February  2008 

In between my card making I’m still stitching squares that go to make the quilts for Stitches Of Love And Kindness.
 

 I went along to their web site data base and noticed that a little boy called Declan had requested that his quilt be made up of characters from Sponge Bob Square Pants or Finding Nimo if possible. 

Only five of the twelve squares needed had been stitched and his name had been on the list for a little while so I immediatly signed up to do the rest.

It didn’t take me long to realize why no one had signed up to do the rest, because when I started looking for charts there were none, well not that I could fine anyway.

I was getting close to pulling my hair out but there was no way I was going to let Declan down now that I had said I would stitch the squares, so I had to come up with something by myself.

Apart from Sponge Bob himself I hadn’t even heard of the other characters so it was Google to the rescue and eventually I came across some children’s colouring pages that I was able to chart myself.

 


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment